Oats, Mung Dal, and Vegetable Khichdi can be introduced between 8 to 10 months of age. It is a very nutritious, healthy, and satisfying dish.
Oats are high in protein and fiber. Oats are easily digestible and it's a good source of energy also. It has dietary fiber. Oats have well balanced nutritional composition.
Mung Dal is a very delicious, healthy, and good source of protein, dietary fiber, potassium, and calcium and it is low in fat. It contains very high digestibility.
Ingredients: (1) Rolled Oats or Steel Cuts Oats (If you take steel cut oats then soaked them properly for 1-2 hours), (2) Mung Dal, (3) Onion, (4) Carrot, (5) Tomato (6) Potato (7) Corn (8) French Beans, (9) Green Peas, (10) Ginger, (11) Green Chilli, (12) Red Chilli, (13) Turmeric, (14) Black Pepper, (15) Cumin Seeds, (16) Asafoetida (17) Ghee
Rinse & soak 1 handful of Mung Dal for 30 minutes. This helps dal to cook faster and it gets easy to digest.
1. Add 1-2 tablespoon ghee to the pressure cooker & heat it. Wait till the ghee melts, then add cumin seeds, asafoetida (pinch), add a little bit of green chili & ginger paste. Saute all the ingredients properly.
2. Add vegetables into a pressure cooker and mix them well.
3. Now add turmeric powder & a little bit of red chili powder as per taste. Saute for a minute.
4. Add rinse oats and mung dal to the pressure cooker.
5. Pour 2-3 cups water, and mix it properly. Cover the pressure cooker. Put it at medium heat for 3-4 whistles and allow the pressure cooker to cool down naturally.
Suitable Age: 8 to 10+ Months and Above
Note: Consult your pediatrician before introducing a new food.