Try this tasty and highly nutritional recipe for your little ones to make them fall in love with fruit meals. Oats, Apple, and Plum puree is nutrient-rich and tastes wonderful.
Oats are high in protein and fiber. Oats are easily digestible and it's a good source of energy also. It has dietary fiber. Oats have well balanced nutritional composition.
Apples are rich in Fiber & Vitamin C. It contains Vitamins A, Vitamin K, and Group B Vitamins, and contains Minerals like Calcium, Potassium, Phosphorus & Manganese. These nutrients are helpful for a growing child's requirements.
Plum is rich in antioxidants, it maintains the health of the heart, improves blood circulation, good for bones. It gives relief constipation (improves gut health)
Ingredients: (1) Steel-Cut Oats (50 gm), (2) Apple (medium size), (3) Plum (sweet & small), (4) Water, (5) Black Pepper, (6) Cumin Powder
A: Roasting Oats
- Take steel-cut Oats in a kadai and roast them for 5 - 7 minutes on a slow flame. Allow it to cool down.
- Grind the roasted oats to get a fine powder. (sieve properly)
- Wash and clean the Apple. Peel it properly, cut it into big pieces or slices, and remove the seeds. Clean it well with the water again.
- Now take the steamer and add water to it. Add Apple pieces and boil for 5 -7 minutes. Once boiled, allow it to cool down.
- Wash and clean the Plum. Peel it properly, cut into small pieces & clean it well with water. (taste the plum to ensure that it is not sour for your baby)
- Take boiled Apple and pieces of Plum together. Grind it in a mixture to form a puree.
- Take a bowl, add Steel Cut Oats powder, and Apple & Plum Puree to it. Mix it well. Make sure that it has the perfect texture for the little one. (Adjust with water if required)
- Add a pinch of Black Pepper Powder & Jeera/Cumin Powder to the puree. Mix well.
Suitable age: 7+ Months and Above
Note: Consult your pediatrician before introducing any new food to your baby.