Lentils are powder-packed in nutrients. It is a good source of Protein, Magnesium, Potassium, Iron, Zinc, B-Complex vitamins, and Fiber. Lentils are good for gut health, and bone health and it is also good for immunity. Power-packed nutrients make it a wonderful meal for a little one.
(1) Red Lentils (small cup), (2) Ghee (as per the requirement), (3) Vegetables (Like Onion, Carrot, Potato, Spinach, Tomato), (4) Ginger (as per the taste), (5) Cinnamon, (6) Cumin Seeds (or powder), (7) Coriander Powder, (8) Black PepperCooking Method:
1. Wash and soak Lentils overnight. After soaking the lentils, rinse them properly with water & set lentils aside.
2. Heat a ghee in a large pan (or pressure cooker) over medium heat, when the ghee is heated, add cinnamon, ginger, and all vegetables into that, and saute properly.
3. Once vegetables are sauteed add turmeric, cumin seeds or powder, and coriander powder, and add red lentils into that. Add the required water.
4. Turn the heat to low, put the lid on, and allow it to cook properly.
5. Open the lid, allow it to cool, and then make a puree with a blender. Add a pinch of black pepper. If required u can add little lemon juice to enhance the taste.
Suitable age: 10+ Months and Above
Note: Consult your pediatrician before introducing a new food.