ABC Puree is one of the healthiest recipes for little ones using Apple, Beetroot, and Carrot.
Apple, Beetroot, and Carrots are highly nutritional. Include them as a puree for weaning food for little ones or as soup for growing kids and adults.
ABC Puree is a natural source of nutrients like Vitamin C, Potassium, Dietary Fiber, Iron, Beta-Carotene, etc. Along with the nutrients, Apple-Beetroot-Carrots Puree appears vibrant red colour due to beetroot and gives a sweetish taste due to apples & carrots.
Ingredients: 1 Apple, 1 Beetroot, 1 Carrot, Water & Cinnamon
(1) Wash, peel, and chop the apple, beetroot, and carrot into small pieces.
(2) Take a saucepan (or steamer), and add chopped apple, beetroot, and carrot pieces. Now add sufficient water till it covers the pieces.
(3) Add a pinch of Cinnamon. Consider it optional for below 8 months. It is to enhance flavour and digestion health.
(4) Now bring the water to a boil and allow the apple, beetroot, and carrot pieces to cook until they become soft. Check with a fork if easy to pierce or not.
(5) Once cooked properly, keep it aside and allow it to cool down. And then transfer them to a blender and blend until you get a smooth consistency. (As per the age of the baby, you can add water to maintain consistency)
(6) Transfer to a bowl and feed your little ones.
ABC Puree is suitable for 6+ months. However, it is recommended that first you start with individual ingredients puree before combining them to prepare ABC Puree.
Note -- Before introducing anything new, consult your pediatrician if the baby is allergic to roots or certain fruits or vegetables.