Baby's skin is soft and delicate. What works for another baby may or may not work for yours. Just like a soap or shampoo. Baby oil should be soft on a baby's sensitive skin and it should be completely natural with better retained nutrients.
We prefer to go with baby oil that is minimally processed, natural, and retains maximum nutrients. Therefore, a good choice is to go with "Virgin Cold-Pressed Oils" for baby massage or skincare.
Why "Virgin Cold-Pressed Oils" are better alternatives? Simply because,
1) They are minimally processed without the use of heat or chemicals and retain their natural aroma and flavor.
2) Because of the oil extraction process they tend to retain oil's natural nutrients, be it vitamins or fatty acids.
3) Virgin oils are pure as they are minimally processed without additional refining processes
But wait, just like one size doesn't fit all, likewise virgin cold-pressed oils (be it almond or coconut or any other) may or may not suit to baby's skin best. Certain factors should be considered,
1) Always prefer to use oils that are pure and natural without the use of harmful chemicals or additives. The most commonly used junk ingredients are parabens, fragrances, mineral oil (petroleum by-product), etc. Always check the list of ingredients and it is better to avoid using such baby oils.
2) Baby's skin is gentle and sensitive. Use oils that the baby's skin is comfortable with to avoid any skin irritations or allergies. Apply a little on the small area on the feet and wait for a couple of days to see if the baby's skin is fine with that oil.
3) It is good to consult a pediatric skin specialist to know the best alternatives for your baby. Even you can ask a pediatrician if they could help with knowing the baby's skin.
There are several oils available in the market. Virgin cold-pressed oils are also easily available. Almond Oil, Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Flaxseed Oils, etc. are some commonly available in cold-pressed categories.
Winter is coming and massage oil will be very helpful to look after the baby's skin. Remember that all baby's skin is unique and what goes well with one baby may not suit another. Use only what is working well for your baby.
Try virgin cold-pressed oils and share your experience with us at email@example.com. The best story will get a chance to be featured on our Instagram page.