Vegetables are cooked daily at our home and introducing such puree makes the baby ready for home food at an early stage. This puree has the power of six vegetables. Yes, it is a highly nutritional puree to your child and it tastes great.
Ingredients: Tomato, Beet, Spinach, Potato, Carrot, Bottle Gourd, Water, Cinnamon powder & Cumin powder (as per the availability of vegetables in market and taste of your baby, you can take the vegetables in a different size/weight while preparing puree)
- Wash all vegetables properly with normal water or lukewarm water.
- Peel & chop all vegetables and add it in a bowl.
- Take a steamer, fill it with required water. Now add vegetables and boil them for 5 - 7 minutes. Once it is boiled, allow it to cool down.
- Now take all boiled vegetables and use a blender/mixture to form a smooth puree. (as per taste/requirement you can keep the consistency of puree by adding vegetable pulp/water)
- Add a pinch of Cinnamon & Cumin powder and mix it well & serve.
Beetroot is a good source of Fibre, Iron and Vitamin C. It improves blood circulation in the body and helps to boost haemoglobin.
Spinach is a highly nutritious vegetable. It has a good amount of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Iron, Calcium and folic acid. It has minerals like Potassium and Magnesium. It is high in Fibre which aids in digestion.
Tomato is also called a fruit. This juicy food contains a good amount of Vitamin C & Vitamin K, Potassium and folate.
Potatoes are rich in Carbs and it is a good source of Antioxidants. It has some Minerals like potassium, magnesium, phosphorus & zinc. It is a starch food so start with a small size to avoid digestion related problems.
Carrots are a good source of Beta Carotene, Potassium, Vitamin K1, Fibre and Antioxidants. It improves immune function and reduces the risk of illness.
Bottle Gourd is rich in Fibre which helps digestion. It contains Vitamin C, Iron, Zinc, and Vitamin B1 & B2. It helps in health problems like colic or constipation.
Certainly puree loaded with vegetables adds good health benefits to your baby. Adding too many vegetables can give you options to change the taste by increasing or reducing the vegetable quantity in puree. You can prefer to introduce between 8 to 10 months as per pediatrician guidance.
Note: Consult your pediatrician before introducing new food to baby.