Steel Cut Oats are gluten free & contain vitamins & minerals. Fruits are a good source of natural vitamins and minerals. Also, it has natural sugar. Oats & Fruits when combined together in a puree, then it becomes tastier and healthier.
Ingredients: Steel cut Oats (50 gm), 1 medium size Apple & 1 small Plum, Water, Black Pepper & Cumin Powder
A: Roasting Oats
- Take steel cut Oats in a kadai and roast it for 5 - 7 minutes on a low flame. Allow it to cool down.
- Take a grinder and add roasted Oats in it. Now grind it well to get a fine powder. (use chalni/sieve to remove pieces)
- Wash and clean the Apple. Peel it properly, cut it into big pieces or slices and remove the seeds. Clean it well with the water again.
- Now take the steamer and add Water to it. Add Apple pieces and boil for 5 -7 minutes. Once Apple is boiled, allow it to cool down.
- Wash and clean the Plum. Peel it properly, cut into small pieces & clean it well with water. (taste the plum to ensure that it is not sour for your baby)
- Take boiled Apple and pieces of Plum together. Grind it in a mixture to form a puree.
- Take a bowl and add Steel Cut Oats powder and then add Apple & Plum Puree to it. Mix well. Make sure it doesn;t have even minor pieces and should be just like a semi solid.
- Add a pinch of Black Pepper Powder & Jeera/Cumin Powder in the puree. Mix well & serve.
Oats are rich in Carbs & Dietary Fibre. It also contains Protein, Iron, Vitamin B1 & B5, Phosphorus, Manganese and Folate. Cooked oats are a good source of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and because of that it is considered healthy.
Apples are rich in Fibre & Vitamin C. It contains Vitamins A, Vitamin K and Group B Vitamins, and contains Minerals like Calcium, Potassium, Phosphorus & Manganese. These nutrients are helpful for a growing child's requirements.
Plums are rich in Antioxidants & Fibre. Plums are good for heart, blood circulation and bones.
Note: Consult your pediatrician before introducing any new food to your baby.