Broccoli is one of the most nutritious vegetables. It has Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6, Calcium, Fibre, Omega-3, Protein, Folate, Iron, Phosphorus and Potassium. Richness in nutrition promotes immunity development, bones & joints development, healthy digestion and more.
Potatoes are rich in Carbs and it is a good source of Antioxidants. It has some Minerals like Potassium, Magnesium, and Phosphorus & Zinc. It is a starch food so start with a small size to avoid digestion related problems.
Ingredients: Broccoli (50 gm), 1 small Potato, Water, Black Pepper & Cumin Powder
- Wash Broccoli and Potato at-least 3-4 times with normal water & lukewarm water.
- Peel Potato & cut it into pieces and chopped Broccoli in a bowl.
- Take a steamer, fill it with water. Now add Potato pieces and chopped Broccoli and boil them for 5 - 7 minutes. Once it is boiled, allow it to cool down.
- Now blend the boiled Potato and Broccoli to form a smooth puree.
- Add a pinch of black pepper & cumin powder and gently mix it.
It is a nutritional puree but it is recommended to introduce this wonderful recipe in later months if your baby has a digestion/colic issue. Note: Consult your pediatrician before introducing any new food to your baby.