Fruit and Vegetable purees are a great source of nutritional properties. Apple, Pumpkin & Zucchini are highly nutritional and puree of these three tastes well.
Ingredients: Pumpkin (50 gms), 1 small Apple, Zucchini (30 gms), Water, Black Pepper & Cumin Powder (as per one’s taste, you can modify the qty of main ingredients)
- Wash and clean the Apple. Peel it properly, cut it into pieces and remove the seeds. Clean it well with the water again.
- Wash & Clean Pumpkin and Zucchini. Peel it properly and cut them into pieces and remove the seeds.
- Add the pieces in the steamers and add Water. Keep on the stove and boil them for 5 - 7 min. Once it is boiled, allow it to cool down.
- Take boiled Pumpkin, Zucchini & Apple and blend it to form a smooth puree. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Add a pinch of black pepper & cumin powder in the puree and mix it well.
Pumpkin is highly nutritious and a rich source of Vitamin A & Vitamin C. It also contains Vitamin B2, Vitamin E, Iron, Manganese, Fibre, Potassium and Antioxidants. Vitamin A & C eventually helps to strengthen immunity. It is good for the eye & promotes healthy skin. Sweet taste makes it adjustable in the recipe. It is an excellent source of nutrients for your baby.
Zucchini contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Floate, Phosphorus, Manganese, Potassium, and Calcium & Fibre. It may be good for eyes, promotes healthy digestion and may aid bone development.
Apples are rich in Fibre & Vitamin C. It contains Vitamins A, Vitamin K and Group B Vitamins, and contains Minerals like Calcium, Potassium, Phosphorus & Manganese. These nutrients are helpful for a growing child's requirements.
Note: Consult your pediatrician before introducing any new food to your baby.